I create art for public and private collections that engages, empowers, and expresses love. My latest project, The Dingo Walks in Love, is an effort to use my art to teach and demonstrate the beauty & strength of walking in love towards each other. The message of “love your neighbor” is more important than ever as we see a rise in school shootings, random gun violence, human rights violations, etc., that continue to plague our world. We all have an opportunity to do better in our own personal lives and be that positive influence in someone else’s.
This project will use the power of social media, random free Art Drops, books/ebooks, and future public murals to spread basic lessons in love: eg. patience, kindness, respect, humility, etc. Many of us have had great role models throughout our lives to keep us walking a path of love, but not everyone can say that. Even then all of us could use a gentle reminder every now and then when we are faced with adversity, stress, loss, or offense in our everyday lives to keep fighting the good fight.
My project will star The Dingo, engaging in everyday situations and demonstrating his devotion to walk in love towards everybody.
My multifaceted project will unfold as follows throughout 2014-2015:
- I will create 12+ illustrations of the Dingo demonstrating how to walk in love under various circumstances (see example above).
- I will use the power of social media to share the images that are meant to teach people how to walk in love towards each other.
- Once all the illustrations are complete, they will be published in a book/ebook that will be available for sale.
- Completed copies of the book, will be used in a Free Art Drop campaign (aka. OPERATION: Bring Art to the People which was inspired by Chicago artist, Patrick Skoff and his Free Art Hunts) in an effort to spread the lessons in love with random people through these random acts of free art/book kindness, in addition to helping promote the entire project.
- The Dingo Walks in Love series will evolve to include future public murals.
The Dingo will be the star of this series and he will provide thought provoking & humorous illustrations that will appeal to adults and children alike. As the saying goes, “You can give a man a fish or teach him to fish.” The same goes for love. We can tell others to love or we can teach them how to love. Each and everyday, we all have an opportunity to love each other better and not because we have to, but because we want to live in a better world. I believe that with the power of art, we can have a community public art project that can impact future generations.
Thanks to everyone for all your support!
For the latest developments on this project, be sure to follow the official Blog, Facebook & Twitter pages of The Dingo Walks in Love Project.
Do you want to help support this project? If your answer is “yes!” then you are awesome and here are three ways to help:
Donate Now safely and securely through PayPal.
Buy prints through my Fine Art America Store.
Buy my original art.