Art Drops are only one part of my larger project known as OPERATION: BRING ART TO THE PEOPLE. As the title of the project states, it’s an effort to bring art to the people and the Art Drops are a way to accomplish that.
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1. I select a piece of my own art that I would like to give away for FREE.
- Step 2. I attach a note to said piece of art with my contact info and a short explanation about the project.
- Step 3. I leave said piece of art somewhere on the streets of Jacksonville for a random person to find.
- Step 4. I take a pic of said art at said location and upload via multiple social media outlets.
- Step 5. I walk away and hope that this random act of art kindness will make a positive impact on the random person who finds it.
- Step 6. Rinse and repeat 🙂
What the Art Drops are:
- Is a way to introduce random people to the power of art & public art.
- Is a way to open the door of communication between everyone else and the local art scene.
- Is a way to encourage others to get involved in the local art sector.
- Is a way to communicate that the benefits of art are for everyone.
- Is a way to bring home the message that art is an investment in our city’s future, not an expense.
For the finders of any of the FREE Art Drop:
- YOU HAVE A CIVIC DUTY to take a pic of the art you found & upload it to any social media outlet with any of the following hashtags #YCLART, #FAFJAX (that stands for Free Art Friday JAX), #YCLARTDrop, #OPERATIONBringArtToThePeople & be sure to tell a friend. It’s for your own good and the overall well being of our city. I promise 😉
Hundreds of pieces of art have been dropped throughout our fine city and beyond. As you can imagine, this project takes a lot of time, effort and dollars. If you would like to help me in my efforts to bring art to the people, consider becoming an official sponsor or show your support with a financial donation.
Thanks and spread the word 🙂
PS. I must give a special thank to my Art Drop inspiration, Chicago artist Patrick Skoff, known for his awesome Free Art Hunts. Be sure to check out his page and show him some support. To get the entire back story on how we met, click here.